Join Basepaws as a Veterinary Student Representative
Basepaws is inviting 1st, 2nd and 3rd year students to apply for the position of Basepaws Student Representative. One student from each veterinary school will be selected each for this position, which will correspond with the timing of the Fall 2022 - Spring 2023 school year.
Here’s all the good stuff
Be paid an annual stipend of $1,000, in two equal payments of $500.
Advance your understanding of genetics, oral microbiome applied to veterinary medicine
Gain valuable leadership and organizational skills that can help launch your career.
What You'll Be Doing
The successful candidate will act as a liaison between Basepaws and the College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM). The ideal candidate will have a special interest in genetics, be a leader in their class, and be in good academic standing.
- Interface with students and faculty in a manner that follows guidelines and protocol of the CVM
- Distribute educational materials provided by Basepaws to fellow students
- Collaborate on how best to share Basepaws’ philosophy and support of veterinary students
- This may include working with the CVM administration/faculty advisor to write articles in student papers, blogs, etc. on topics related to pet genomics and oral microbiome
- Work with the CVM student groups and faculty to plan and execute one student meeting or event twice annually
- Participate in scheduled virtual meetings with Basepaws team members to keep them informed of student happenings and current events of the veterinary student body including sponsorship and community opportunities
- Attend a training session to be educated on Basepaws products and policies
Learn About Basepaws
Basepaws is now part of Zoetis!
Basepaws is a pet genetics company that develops early detection health risk tests based on genetic and oral microbiome data. We are committed to companion animal health research and are on a mission to deliver a comprehensive portfolio of genomic testing and oral microbiome profiling tools directly to veterinarians.
As a leading innovator in pet biotechnology, Basepaws is advancing pet health research and providing screening tools that identify genetic disease predispositions and dental disease risk well ahead of clinical presentation. Our work supports veterinarians to streamline diagnostic procedures and prepare individualized treatment plans for their patients.